The University of Sydney is offering Business School Research Scholarship for international students to pursue postgraduate research in the field of Humanities & Social Sciences for the academic year2017-2018.
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney. It is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of its most prestigious, ranked as the world’s 27th most reputable university.
If English isn’t student’s first language, students shall need to provide proof of their English proficiency before they enrol. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Postgraduate Research programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Humanities & Social Sciences.
Scholarship Award: The Business School funds 2 types of scholarships:
• The stipend scholarship is valued at $32,000 per annum and is paid fortnightly. It is tax exempt. Applications are open to domestic and international applicants who are either commencing or continuing.
• Fee Award Scholarships which cover tuition fees for international candidates. The awards are awarded in conjunction with the stipend scholarship.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Commencing candidates must have formally applied for a place in the degree program (MPhil or PhD) by the closing dates (31st October 2016). Applicants will not be awarded a scholarship unless an offer to study in the program is also made.
- If a candidate is a continuing student time spent in the program will be deducted from the three-year duration of the award
- Applicants must not hold any other type of Scholarship when applying for Business School Scholarships.
- Commencing candidates must be in Australia and attend the Induction Program for the first Research Period of enrollment.
- To maintain the scholarship holders must:
- i) Demonstrate satisfactory progress in the Annual Progress Review.
- ii) Maintain a distinction average in all BUSS coursework units.
- iii) Successfully undertake the Thesis Proposal Defence within 12 months of enrolment.
- iv) Scholarship holders must be enrolled Full Time.
- The Business School reserves the right to terminate the Scholarship in the event of unsatisfactory progress or inappropriate conduct.
- Candidates may engage in no more than 15 hours a week of paid employment, with the approval of their supervisor.
- The Scholarship holder is expected to devote at least 40 hours per week to research.
Nationality: Australian as well as international applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: If English isn’t student’s first language, students shall need to provide proof of their English proficiency before they enrol. English language skills test University accept include:
- IELTS (International Language Testing System)
- TOEFL PB (Test of English as a Foreign Language: paper based)
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language: internet based)
- Pearsons Test of English (PTE)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) – prior to 2015
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) – prior to 2015
- Cambridge English Scale – from 2015.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent to scholarship.applications-at-sydney.edu.au with ‘Business School Research Scholarship – #SID’ in the subject line and
- Completed Application Form (attached) – submitted in its editable format as it appears in the attachment, please ensure you have the latest version of Adobe software.
- RPI Form (attached) – A list of publications and details of conference proceedings and presentations
- Brief thesis proposal (limit 1500 words)
- Copy of all academic transcripts including the grading scale used
- Two academic referee reports. The referees nominated should be academics who are able to provide an assessment of the applicant’s experience and potential. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the nominated referees forward the confidential reports.
- CV that includes any previous or current experience relevant to your area of research and details of any other awards the applicant has applied for or currently holds.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 31 October 2016.