Microsoft is inviting students from North America to apply for fully-funded PhD fellowship Program. This two-year fellowship program is available for PhD students enrolled in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, or Mathematics at participating U.S. or Canadian universities.
Microsoft has always been a world leader in technological innovation, building some of the most important products in both the software and hardware industry.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing PhD programme at participating U.S. or Canadian universities.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics.
- The fellowship recipient award will cover 100 percent of the tuition and fees for two academic years (2017–18 and 2018–19).
- A stipend is provided to help cover living expenses while in school (US$28,000 for 2017–18 and US$28,000 for 2018–19).
- A conference and travel allowance are provided for recipients to attend professional conferences or seminars (US$4,000 for 2017–18 and US$4,000 for 2018–19).
- Fellowships are awarded to recipients for two consecutive academic years only and are not available for extension.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA OR Canada
- Applicants for the Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship Program must be nominated by their universities, and their nominations must be confirmed by the office of the chair of the eligible department. Direct applications from students are not accepted.
- Students must attend a United States or Canadian university and be enrolled in the Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics department. If their department is within the scope of these areas but is titled differently, they are eligible.
- Students must be in their second or third year of an eligible PhD program in the fall semester or quarter of 2016. The nominating university will be asked to confirm the student’s PhD program start date (month/year).
- A maximum of three applicants per eligible department, per eligible university, will be accepted. A total of nine applications per university will be allowed.
- Payment of the fellowship awards, as described above, will be made directly to the university and is not transferable to another academic institution or department.
- The recipient must remain an active, full-time student in a PhD program over the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit the award.
- A recipient of a Microsoft Research PhD Fellowship may not receive another fellowship from another company or institution for the same academic period. Fellows accepting multiple fellowships will become ineligible to receive continued funding from Microsoft.
Nationality: Applicants from North America can apply for this PhD Fellowship Program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students must be in their second or third year of an eligible PhD program in the fall semester or quarter of 2016.
How to Apply: Applicant must be in the second or third year of PhD studies and nominated by the department chair in their field of study.
Application Deadline: The 2017 PhD Fellowship application period is currently open and will end on October 10, 2016.